An Onam with Michael Jackson

For every Malayalee Onam is their festival of harvest. But for some years now, it changed to a festival that they remind themselves that they are Malayalees, The children of Kerala. A festival to get drunk and to eat 'Sadya' from any hotel. Of course there are Malayalees who celebrate Onam in its real spirit. But this blog is about something else.

This year, the Thiruvonam day came in Aug. 29, 2012. Yes the birthday of King of Pop Michael Jackson. Onam have a legend that the old King Mahabali would visit Kerala to see his people on Onam. Well Michael Jackson is also a King and this is a relation with the coincidence of Thiruvonam with MJ's birthday. I'm wishing for his visit to earth also in this fabulous day of this wonderful coincidence.

I am a fan of him since my childhood, and I became mad of him since 2007. Unfortunatly he passed away on 2009. But ever since the King of Pop emerged billions of his fans celebrated his birthday. I too celebrate it via social networking for all past years. But this year,  I screwed up a little with my laptop, I started a recovery process without keeping any backup. Its OK, the thing is

ITS A BIG DAY FOR ME

As a Michael fan, his Birthday
and as a Malayalee its Onam.

While browsing threw facebook i found an interesting image, its an edit, i dont know who done this, whoever it is, as a Malayalee MJ fan I'm thankful to that person. 

Picture: Michael Jackson with traditional Kerala Dhoti.

Comments